Sweet Chilli Sauce using Fresh Chillies
A really easy Sweet Chilli Sauce Recipe
- Pour 1 cup of water into a saucepan
- Use about 5 nice sized red or green chilies – put these in the water and boil for about 10 minutes
- Pour the water and chilies from the saucepan into a blender
- Blend for about 1 minute – we don’t want it too smooth
- Pour the blended liquid back into the saucepan and add 1/3 cup vinegar, 1/3 cup sugar, a tablespoon of finely crushed garlic and a 1/4 tablespoon salt.
- Mix well and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- In a separate jug mix 1 tablespoon cornflower with 2 tablespoons of water and mix well until its smooth
- Pour the cornflower and water paste into the saucepan, stir well and let it simmer on low heat for about another 10 minutes
- Now let it cool and add to small sterilized container and put in the fridge
- Eat and enjoy the sweet, spicy heat!
Sweet Chilli Sauce using Chilli Flakes
- Pour 1/3 cup water into a saucepan
- Add 1/3 cup of sugar to the water
- Add 1 tablespoon of finely crushed garlic and 1/4 tablespoon salt
- Add 1 tablespoon of chili flakes and 1/3 cup of vinegar
- Mix well and let it boil for about 10 minutes over medium heat
- In a separate just mix 1 tablespoon of cornflower with 2 tablespoons water. mix well until you have a smooth paste
- Pour the cornflower and water paste into the saucepan
- Stir well and let simmer over a low heat for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let the sauce cool and add to a sterilized jar
- Enjoy the easy chili sauce. The color is somewhat darker than bright red of the first method.